If it isn’t already obvious, I’m obsessed with Palm Springs! It’s a short flight from where I live and has the best weather. One treat Palm Springs is known for is their dates that grow abundantly in the area. There are so many cafes around town advertising the best date shake, but I often find them too sugary as they are traditionally made with ice cream, milk and fresh dates. Below is the recipe I prefer that’s much healthier and refreshing in my opinion. 🙂
- 2-3 soft Medjool dates, pits removed
- 1 C unsweetened almond milk, plus more to blend if necessary
- 1 large frozen banana, chopped
- dash vanilla(optional)
- If using harder dates, roughly chop, cover with almond milk and let sit 20-30 minutes before blending.
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until as smooth as possible (there will still be some small date pieces left).
- Serve immediately.